Monday, November 1, 2010

Picking Elderberries and Pregnancy Pics

 Where's Waldo!?

Thane has a craving every fall for Elderberry Jam.  But we have always picked them and then had his mom make the jam for us cause she is good at it and has all the stuff required.  Well this year we decided to try it ourselves.  What an undertaking!  Do you see how tiny the berries are!?  I didn't measure precisely so it turned out being Elderberry Syrup instead!  But it is still yummy!  It tastes kind of like raspberry and blueberry mixed together.

We drove up Kolob Canyon to find them.  If you haven't gone on that drive, you are missing out.  It is my all time favorite drive and at the end you get to these beautiful aspen trees and the reservoir where you can camp and fish.


We found some beautiful leaves.

And some beautiful fall scenery which you don't get down in Saint George until January ;)
Here is our attempt at a self done maternity photoshoot.  Not my favorite, but I thought it was about time I actually got some pictures of me pregnant, since it is my 5th child.  All my other pregnancies I didn't let anyone take pictures cause I didn't like the way I looked.

Here we are at Lava Point lookout.  A camping ground on the way to Kolob Reservoir.  So breathtaking!
We were driving down the road and saw this beautiful background for pics, so I got out of the car and Thane snapped a few pics of me pulling up my pants!  LOL!

Some donkey's wanted to come and say hello too!

The mountains behind me are my favorite part of this drive.  And the field with the amber grass.  Some time of year it's full of sunflowers too.  I love it!

We pulled off the side of the road to snap this one, the kids were yelling at me from the car telling me that it's not safe!  Especially Tait, he was warning us every time he saw a car coming!
We had a blast!  What fun memories!

1 comments:

JaredChristineWalter said...

Wow! what fun! Annette, you look stunning! your kids look like they had lots of fun for Halloween. Maybe we should have come down there to trick-or-treat.