The First Day of School, August 21, 2012.
Does the grass look a little greener here, well it sort of is. We finally made the move back to Utah County where we knew we would have better job opportunities for our family.
Our kids were very sad to leave their friends in Saint George, but they have quickly made new friends here and it's getting easier and easier each day.
Amara 4th grade, Tiernan 6th grade, Sinjin 2nd grade and Tait 8th grade.
Kade is not yet old enough for school. :)
Just a little back story.
When Thane and I got married we lived in Orem, next door to our best friends, the Walters. We moved into a brand new home in Lindon that we designed about 3 years after we were married. We loved that house. We had many family parties in it. It had a slide that went from the main floor to the basement. The basement was a walk out, perfect for my preschool classes and dance classes. It was a happy place and we were happy there. When we moved into that house, Tait was 15 months old, I was 8 months pregnant with Tiernan and 2 years later Amara was born.
Then, the company that Thane worked for, went out of business. We tried keeping up with our bills. We were faithful and we paid our tithing. We had to ask many of our family and friends to help us out. That was very hard for us, we like to be the ones helping. Ultimately, we lost the house. Thane found a job in Saint George and when it was Tait's 5th birthday we moved there to start a new chapter in our lives.
We lived in a tiny apartment for a year as we rebuilt our credit and we built a new home on Yuma Drive in Washington Utah. Man did we love living there. Moving away from our families made us a much stronger family unit. We learned to really rely on each other for everything. Our marriage grew tremendously and we made new friends who were like our family in that neighborhood. Our home was slightly small for our growing family but we never wanted to move as long as our friends were there
And as the world turns, and the type of work Thane does, 8 years later we found ourselves in the same predicament. No job. Can't pay our house payment, so out we go again. Lesson learned. We have really learned how to live within our limits. We moved into a rental in Coral Canyon. We lived there for 2 months before we realized that our time in Saint George was up. We needed to move to a place where there was more opportunity for work. We now live in American Fork. We found the perfect place for us to live. Close to family members. Close to great schools and the place is bigger than any place we've lived before, and it costs less! Yay!
I've learned so much through these experiences. I've learned that through struggle, we can become stronger. I've learned to deal with change. I've learned how strong my husband and children are. I've learned to rely on prayer and scripture study. I've learned to not judge others.
I'm so thankful for the blessings that come through conflict.


0 comments:
Post a Comment