Monday, November 2, 2009

A day out with Nana Williamson :)

My mom, Luella, came down to Saint George for a surprise visit! I kept it a secret from the kids so they were so surprised when they came home and saw her sitting in the living room! :) On Sunday we decided to go and see the church history sites. We started out at the Jacob Hamblin Home in Santa Clara. It was so neat to learn about the early pioneers to Southern Utah. I couldn't survive the summer here with out air conditioning, I cant imaging what their lives were like! No wonder they needed more house helpers ;) He had 2 wives and I don't remember how many kids, but they were all needed to survive. One of the wives taught school while the other cooked and mended. The kids were out helping father as soon as they were old enough! Here we are walking in the small orchard in front of their house.


I love the old sandstone blocks they made their buildings with. Here is a picture of Nana with Tiernan and Amara. Their eyes are so pretty I think!
Here is Nana with the kids after the tour by the Missionaries.
My mother believes that when you see a feather, your ancestors placed it there for you, so you know they are watching over you. And as we were walking through the orchard, of course, we found a feather!
A feather in her head and feathers in her ears!

Just messin' around!
After we went to the Jacob Hamblin home, we decided to take a drive through Snow Canyon. It is so beautiful! We had to stop and see the Pioneer Names written in axle grease on the red rock, but we didn't have the proper shoes, so we had to carry the girls and my mom and I took our shoes off! Thank goodness it was sand!
Can you see the names up by Tait?
My Sweet Girls and Boys!

Thane is Superman!
My mom loved the sage green colors of these bushes.
We had such a great day, a lot of memories were made! After the Canyon, we drove to the Mountain Meadow Massacre. A very solemn place, freezing cold wind, I truly feel sorry for everything that happened there. Our last stop was the Brigham Young Home. What a spiritual place. I love living here. It has such rich history.

1 comments:

Tonya said...

You guys always have the most fun! I just need to follow you around on your adventures! That looked like an amazing day of fun memories. Way to go, Belnaps!