Easter is one of my favorite Holidays. I love that the Earth is coming to life again. I love only having to wear jackets. I love the warmer weather. I love the fact that Jesus was resurrected and the knowledge that we will all live again after we die.
Easter is also a great time to gain an extra 5 pounds with all the yummy candy floating around the yard. We always have a great time going to about 4 Easter Egg Hunts each year.
This one was with our neighborhood. We really love the people in our neighborhood. We love how family friendly they are. We love how down to earth and real they are. We love that they truly enjoy each other.
Everyone brings 12 eggs per child the night before to "help" the Easter bunny out. Then everyone brings a breakfast item to share.
Donuts and grapes. At least there is a fruit there.
Amara with her stash.
Tait
Later that day we went to Nana Belnap's house for a fun Easter party with the cousins. Nana always has fun activities for the kids to do and she always out does herself.
Nana and Brittnie Un-Molding the Jell-O Eggs.
Brittnie get's the privilege of testing them out.
Pheonix peeling an orange.
What? Why are you playing games on the computer? Isn't that what you are always doing?
Sabria, Amara and Sinjin with Jell-O eggs.
Argh! I'm Captain Kade!
As a Belnap Family Tradition, yarn is strung all around the yard for the kids to guide them to their baskets. It's getting quite difficult with the number of kids we have. I can't imagine what it will be like in 10 years.
Leif
Monica
Chris, Josh and Thane, posinf for a picture.
Really Leif, you hid it in a tree?
Here is the beginning.
We add a piece of duck tape and write the name of the kid whom it belongs to. Then they are off! The rule is, they have to wind back up the yarn as they go, they can't just run along and find the end. Very time consuming, I love it!
Tiernan and Monica
Avia
Amara
Sabria
Leif and Sinjin
Sinjin and Brittnie
Anthony
Monica and Tiernan
Tait
Xander
Uh Oh, we have a snag!
Mommy, helping Kade wind the yarn.
Oh, I think I see it!
Yep, there it is!
Xander and Marcie
Marcie
Tait in the tree winding his yarn.
Shooting Uncle Josh with Silly String!
Pheonix is sharing with Brittnie, how cute!
Tiernan with bunny teeth.
And after all that, there is still an Easter Egg Hunt. Whew! Time to go and take a nap!

0 comments:
Post a Comment