Friday, August 14, 2009

Back 2 School Cool!

Our back to school this year was a little more hectic than usual! On Tuesday, Thane's mother, Tammie, called and asked if we wanted some company! I said we alway's love company, so they came down Wednesday night to visit us. Along for the ride was Steven (Thanes dad who was visiting home from Afghanistan) Thanes Sister Lacey and her two kids Tyrell and Taya, and Thanes brother and sister Leif and Kami! We had so much fun with them! It was a challenge trying to get the kids to go to sleep on Wednesday night though :) They were having too much fun visiting with their cousins. On Thursday morning, we got up ate, breakfast, got the kids ready for school and set off to school! Here are some pictures of the first day!

Tait at his desk
Tait is so happy to have his best friend Carter in his class this year!
Tiernan at her desk
Amara at her desk
Ready for school!

I went back home and spent the day with Thane's family. We went to lunch with Thane at the Honolulu Grill, went shopping at the factory outlets, then came home and picked up the kids. Of course we had to celebrate the first day of school, so we took the family to Nielson's Frozen Custard, YUMMY! After that we took everyone over to the Little Valley Park to play in the water and fly the wings (kites like Paragliders). We have a smaller one and a larger one, and it was really windy!!! Thane handed the larger kite off to his father who had never flown one of those kites before and SWOOSH! A huge gust of wind kicked up and toppled Thanes father to the ground!!! He landed on his head and actually got a grass stain in his gray hair:(. ( I got a picture of it, but it's on my phone so I will have to figure out how to finally upload those now) After that, Thane was trying to use the kite to pull him in the buggy and it jerked him right out of it and he landed right on his stomach on the ground! He looked down and noticed a rectangular grass stain by his pocket, pulled out his phone, and noticed that it had totally broke the screen! So he couldn't use the screen for texts, caller ID or anything! Needless to say, he has a new $200 phone now :( After that experience we all went to Olive Garden to eat and at about 9:30 P.M. we were finally headed home, and GUESS WHAT! Thane ran out of gas. Yes this is a school night... Fun, Fun, Fun! What a day!

5 comments:

Katie said...

What a hectic day. I was exhausted after having a "normal" first day yesterday. Look at you, you're so great, I can almost hearing you laughing as you recount the first day fun. Thanks so much for all the bow- fun, too. I love being with you and it was so smart to do it as a group. Thanks again. Hopefully next week will be a little more mild.

Robyn said...

LOL! Oh my ;)

Gifford's said...

Hey, I'm glad you left a comment on my blog! I thought I had you on my list, but I didn't. I was probably thinking of facebook! That was way fun today doing the bows.

Melanie and Curtis said...

What a fun first day back for you all! I like the part about all the yummy food you guys ate. I LOVE Olive Garden! Your kids look so cute in their new clothes.

Angie Stewart Black said...

Your kids are so cute Annette. You did a good job making them look adorable for their first day. Hopefully they are all enjoying it. So when is the next get together???