Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Out into the wilderness.

We have a lot of fun as a family exploring the great terrain of DIXIE!! I love this place. I thought I would hate it before we moved here, but I couldn't love it more. I love the weather, how when it rains, there is always a break in the clouds. I love the ancient feeling the land has. I love being able to find petrified wood, dinosaur tracks, arrow heads, Indian pottery, etc. We have a lot of fun with it. Now we just need a 4 wheel drive car that can get us there without having to share seatbelts! While we were out exploring, it started to rain. The rainbow was amazing. I don't think my camera quite captured it. Tait said, God makes promises and keeps them.

There are so many cool rocks just clustered together on the top of this mountain. Little pebbles that aren't anywhere else.

These are some of the many pieces of petrified wood we found!
Sadie loves Sinjin and Sinjin loves Sadie. They played together the whole time.


How awesome is this rock!?

4 comments:

Tonya said...

Great post Annette! You really make me want to go out and hike something! Love the rainbow shots! I wish you could follow me around and take gorgeous pics of the day. Thanks for sharing your talent!

Thane Belnap said...

This one is my favorite.

Thane Belnap said...

You say there aren't any pictures of you but you have to let go of the camera for that to happen.

Unknown said...

I did let go of the camera, don't you see the pictures of me and my hand? Oh and the one of me and Sinjin in front of the rainbow?