The forth grade has the kids put together their own mall every year. They have "school money" that they can earn for doing good things, getting good scores, and they can even sell stuff to their teachers or friends. Then in February they can purchase a business license for $60 and decide what they want to sell. After the mall closes they owe their teachers 10% of their "earnings". I loved this!!! It was so much fun to watch Tait learn about business. He and Thane went out early Thursday morning to a Selenium Mine where they collected a bunch of rocks. Tait and the kids washed them and sorted them by size so they could determine how much he would sell them for. I went in to help Tait set up in the morning, and I couldn't leave! The teachers were giving parents money to go shopping too. Sinjin thought it was the coolest! We came home with a bag full of stuff. What a great experience for Tait. His stores name was Zippy, and he sold Selenium Rocks, toys and books.



Friday, February 13, 2009
4th Grade Mall
Posted by Unknown at 11:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
FUN! Those rocks look really cool. I thought this whole activity was great. It is motivating and rewarding. I should start making some fake money at our house and put mine and Curtis' faces on them. I am so glad that the teachers and parents got to go shopping as well. It really helped out Carter! BTW, I love your new pictures of your kids. Tait's is my favorite. What a good looking bunch!
What a neat idea for the kids to learn how money works. I also loved your kids valentines and boxes. Soooo cute!
-April
Cute, cute kiddies! I would love to have you take pictures of the baby! He's kind of a chunker though and doesn't really look like a newborn! He pretty much came out looking like a two month old!
Post a Comment