Thursday, December 18, 2008

Walkin' in a Winter Wonderland...And other stuff.

This is what we woke up to this morning. Remember, we live in Saint George? Weird. The schools are closed today, my friends and I were laughing about it (I grew up in South Dakota where only a huge blizzard would close the schools, and one of my friends is from Canada. Nuf Said.) My kids are really excited though. I had to start preschool at 11 today because the driveway and parking lot to the preschool is pure ice, and I don't want anyone falling or crashing into each other!! Anyway, here is a picture of our Christmas Tree, just in case you wanted to know.
Here are my kids with no shoes, coats, or gloves, playing in the snow. I'm the best mom ever!




I had to get a picture of snow on our palm trees.
On Tuesday it was Amara's school program. She did such a great job. She is the one with the pink Santa hat on.

On Monday it was our Christmas Choir Concert. The kids did great. I was worried, of course, but they remembered all the words, and the audience seemed entertained. The lights automatically turn off at 7 at the school, so while one of the girls was singing her solo, the lights turned off. Everyone opened up their cell phones and waved them back and forth like they were at a concert! It was so funny. I told them she probably felt like Hannah Montana. Tait played the xylophone for one of the songs too.


4 comments:

Tonya said...

All your pictures look amazing! I have to find a better way to get my pictures off my camera...I have a bunch but they aren't doing any good there! As for no coats and gloves...who has those in St. George?!? My kids usually wear socks on their hands. We're probably going sledding later and who knows what we'll end up wearing? A lot of snow, most likely. Enjoy your snow day!

erika said...

Is that you leading them?

Melanie and Curtis said...

The snow was so fun! Good job with the choir. You do an amazing job!

Unknown said...

Yes that's me leading them!