Tuesday, August 19, 2008

RELEASED!

I am sad to say that I have been officially released from my calling as a Primary 2nd counselor. I loved every minute of it, even Cub Scouts! I was serving the Primary Presidency for 2 1/2 years so I guess they figured it was time to let someone else have a turn. The whole presidency was released including the Secretary.

I have nothing but love and respect for the women that I served with. Tonya (president) had the biggest heart you could imagine, and she was always inspired. She knows and understands so much about the gospel, I loved our 3 hour "meetings" at her house each week. I won't know what to do on Tuesday nights any more!!! This picture is Tonya at the ward picnic helping the kids make pine cone bird feeders. It was our last activity where we were in charge of the kids.

Melanie (1st counselor) was so much fun and always on top of everything! She always had the most creative Sharing Times and the children always understood what she was teaching and always felt the spirit. She is such a good friend, and our children always are playing with each other. She is the BEST piano teacher in the world too, besides Katy!!!

Jill (secretary) was the most organized person in the world! She knew every child even though she didn't "teach" them. She is one of my "go to mom's" when I have questions because she always has great ideas for those times when you need more help. She should write a book. I have never met a more dedicated person. She is so much fun to be with also. We had a blast!

I sound like I will never see these people again!!!!! Anyway, we'll just have to schedule a girls night out every Tuesday!

I have never had a calling outside of Primary, so I wonder whats up for me next. I love being in primary, you learn everything from the ground up. Every thing is in it's purest form. I am going to miss all of the great comments the kids make when you ask them a question.

Love, Annette

3 comments:

Tonya said...

Thanks for the kind words! Of course we'll see each other again...I'm saving you a seat in Relief Society on the back row. And I really want to come see you teach on the 5th Sunday in YW! And don't forget GNO and book club if we ever get organized! (Are you sick of me yet?) Anyway, see you soon!

erika said...

Can't wait to hear what they put you in?

kellbell said...

You did an amazing job in the primary! I am sure you have mixed feelings about being released!!