Thursday, March 18, 2010

March 15, 1976

Yes, that was the day I was born. According to my mom, I was born at about 12:05 A.M., so I just barely made it to the 15th. Or the Ides of March if you ask Julius Caesar. Click here if you want to learn why. Anyway, it was a beautiful day here in Washington Utah and I woke to the flash of the camera while in bed :/ not my favorite way to wake up, who wants their picture taken with bed head? Needless to say, that picture will not be on this post! The kids had fun singing "Happy Birthday" to me in bed and continuing our tradition of giving the presents to us in bed. This is a picture of the riches that were given to me: a new blow dryer, curling iron, jewelry, and a book of coupons for car washes :)

After the birthday hugs and kisses, I was whisked away to breakfast with Thane at IHOP.  I had the Swedish crepes. But, as we were pulling out of the garage something on the lawn caught my eye.  This is what I saw!!
Aren't The Hancocks the best!?  THANKS MELANIE!  YOU MADE MY DAY!  Not only did her family do this for me, but we all went to the park later that day and she made me homemade brownies with candles!  She is so sweet.  Doesn't Tait look like he is so excited : / ?

It's been really hard living away from my family, and Mel and all of my other wonderful friends have made me feel like family.  Thank you so much everyone!  I couldn't feel more blessed to turn 34 and feel like my life is so full of love and friendship.  My facebook page was full to the brim with Birthday wishes, and my friends and I are going out tonight to celebrate!  You know us mom's have to party for a few day's and milk it for all its worth, right?! :)  What a WONDERFUL day.

4 comments:

Melanie and Curtis said...

Yay! I love that you got your hair tools and some other things on the side. We could never celebrate you enough. You are an amazing person and friend. Thanks for being such a wonderful example to us and for loving us so much. We're glad you had a happy day!

Angie Stewart Black said...

Hey Annette, how fun that Melanie made your day so special. Looks like you had a fun morning walking out and seeing all your cute signs! What a fun surprise. I hope you had a wonderful day. Birthdays are SO much fun and you deserve it!

Lyndsi said...

You are certainly a soul we are happy to celebrate! So glad you had a WONDERFUL day!! Here's to a fabulous dinner tonight!! :)

Josie said...

So glad you had a great day Annette! And yes, Melanie is the best! What a sweet thing to do for a friend! And those brownies look mighty tasty right now. Hope you are having a great night tonight!