Sunday, August 16, 2009

11th Anniversary!!

11 years! I can't believe it's been that long since Thane and I were married! It seems like yesterday (well okay, not yesterday, but maybe 5 years!) I can't begin to express my love for Thane. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Here are my favorite things about Thane:
-He truly loves and cares about everyone around him
-He would just die if he couldn't serve someone
-He would do just about anything for anyone
-When we were first married, he would spend our extra money on his brothers and sisters that needed something. (now that we have our own kids, we don't know what "extra money" is!)
-He truly loves me and he shows it every day with service, hugs, kisses, and words of affirmation
-He works so hard to provide for the kids and me
-He is the most patient teacher to our children
-His patients balances out my impatients
-He reads his scriptures daily, says his prayers morning and night (and I'm sure throughout the day) and he is such a great example of a follower of Christ.
-He knows just about everything about the gospel, and can answer every question I have while I am studying.
-He is hilarious and keeps me laughing and smiling all the time
-He loves to try new things and takes me along for the ride! ;)
-He was supposed to be a bird when he was sent to this earth, but something happened and he was born a human. I am so glad that he can still fly through paragliding, and that it isn't as dangerous as some of the other things he has tried!
-He cooks macaroni and cheese with hot dogs and jalapenos most of the time it's his turn to make dinner, but he is a great cook and comes up with some amazing dishes!
-He loves to learn
-He doesn't really like candy or sweets, but every Sunday night, he has to have brownies (with an extra egg so their fluffier!)
-He is the oldest of 12 kids and I believe that has made him into the man he is today. He learned so much through that experience.

There is so much more I could say about Thane! But so that this post doesn't take up the whole page, I will stop there. Here are some of our engagement pictures we took ourselves with a timer. (all of our pictures throughout our married life have been taken with a tri-pod and a timer!)

Our Engagement Picture, we don't look one bit different 11 years later huh!? ;)

In the gazebo in my mom's backyard.

Will you marry me PLEASE!
11 Years later, a little older and rounder too!

I love you Thane!

10 comments:

shellie said...

Time really does go by fast, doesn't it? I think you guys make an amazing couple and I can tell just by reading your blog that you're great parents!

Melanie and Curtis said...

That was such a sweet post Annette! Thane is really a great person and so are you! He's a lucky man to have you! Happy Anniversary..you 2 are a fabulous pair! I LOVE your engagment pictures. You are gorgeous Annette..I've always thought..love your blue eyes!

Lyndsi said...

Woohoo!! Happy Anniversary you two! I loved seeing these cute, cute pictures of you guys. So glad you have each other. :)

Kathryn said...

You guys are cute. You look just the same Annette, but I would NOT recognize that Thane if I saw him walking down the street. Your pics are cute! Happy Anniversary!

Josie said...

Ok, I am dying over Thane's hair! Ever since you told me he'd had long hair I have been wanting to see a picture! That is too funny! Great hair Thane! Really cute pictures though! You guys are a great couple, congratulations!

Unknown said...

I always new I was lucky to have found you. Thank you for the kind and heart felt complements. You mean the world to me and I know some times I don't always show it but I would be lost without you. I love you.

Thane Belnap said...

I always new I was lucky to have found you. Thank you for the kind and heart felt complements. You mean the world to me and I know some times I don't always show it but I would be lost without you. I love you.

JaredChristineWalter said...

I remember when we cut Thane's hair! I have pictures of it. Just so everyone knows, think twice before you ask Annette to cut your hair :) She gets a little excited with the clippers :)

erika said...

Time flys when you are having fun~
This coming year me & my husband will be having our 15th.Crazy huH!

Kena said...

Love the pics!! You look so much like Tiernan I didn't realize.