Thursday, July 30, 2009

Girls Camp!


I am not allowed to post pictures of the girls, and trust me, I think I have like 600, so here is the picture of the campsite from far away. Also, there aren't any pictures of me because I was always behind the camera, right where I like to be!

Anyway, it was a blast! I would type out a play by play, but I don't have to 'cause Tonya already did! Visit her facebook page to read all about it!

My favorite parts of girls camp were:
-Setting up camp and watching who was a "happy camper" to help out!
-Getting to know the girls better with no false fronts! You cant fake it in girls camp!
-Watching the girls being so willing to help out and make friends with the shy girls.
-The Stake Presidency's Skit, rockin' out to Book of Mormon Stories. We were told we would be speaking in Stake Conference for the next 7 years if he found the video on You Tube!!
-The girls skit and the leaders do ing the "Beam me up Scotty" scene transitions!!! HI-larious!
-The Letterboxing activity. The girls are so sweet.
-Helping Jana and the girls out with the cooking
-Sleeping in a small tent with 7 other leaders, yelling at the girls to be quiet and go to sleep! Then going into their tents and saying a prayer and singing a song when they weren't getting along. (so sweet)
-Sleeping in my car with Jennifer Riddle the next night so there could be more room in the tent for the leaders. Jennifer slept in a seat! Poor Jennifer!
-All of the firesides with the stake, singing the camp songs.
-Testimony meeting, and listening to the girls awesome testimonies!
-Cleaning up and coming home!

It was a lot of fun, and I am so glad that I shared a small part in it!

2 comments:

Josie said...

Annette, it was so fun having you at camp! I was so happy you were there and it's been fun to get to know you better. I can't wait to see all the pictures!

Tonya said...

We were so lucky to have you there! I especially am grateful to have had all your help and support! Thanks for everything you did to help make camp so much fun!

Both you and Josie had the right idea...I loved reading your favorite moments. Hope we get the chance to do it again!