Monday, June 22, 2009

Tait is two numbers!

I cant believe Tait is TEN!! Am I really old enough to have a 10 year old? We love you so much Tait and we are so blessed to have you as a part of our life. I remember when you were born, my first baby. It was such a special day and you had a lot of family members waiting in the hospital to welcome you into the world. You are a very special person Tait. You are loving, caring, funny, trusting and you are so full of faith. You are a strength to our family. We are so proud of who you are and we know you will do very important things in your life. You are so smart and I am glad you have a passion for books. Keep on learning. I can't wait to see you grow into a man!

For Tait's birthday, we were going to be up in northern Utah the day before, so we wanted to have a family party while we were there! It was so much fun! My sister gave me the idea to do an Amazing Race themed party. It was the perfect party for this bunch of kids. They are all Belnap's and Williamson's so they have a lot of cooped up energy! Here are some pictures and explanations about what's going on:

Here we are getting into our teams. Christine and Megan helped us out by painting faces in the color of their team. Thanks girlies!

Each Team member had to be traced with sidewalk chalk in order to receive their next clue...
Each team member had to jump 5 times (we had to make it easy for the little ones)

Here is Tait hitting a home run! Each team member had to hit the ball and run all the bases, then go and hit a target with a baseball 5 times.

Each team member had to Hula Hoop for 5 seconds (harder than it looks!)

Then the kids had to come in and complete a word search all about Tait, and each an ice cream sandwich. Each team member had to swallow what was in their mouth BEFORE they could cross...

...The finish line!!!!!

Here is Tait blowing out his 10 candles!

I think the expression on his face say's it all! Christine bought him "The Last Olympian." A book Tait has been begging for ever since it came out a couple of weeks ago. It is the last book in a series called "Percy Jackson and the Olympians." He reads the 300 page books in a few days.

We love you Tait!

4 comments:

Tonya said...

Happy Birthday Tait! You are awesome!

Melanie and Curtis said...

Glad you had a fun birthday Tait! Thanks for inviting Carter to swim with you. He loved every minute of it! I like that you love reading..way to go..you will continue to learn so much! You're a great kid and we have so much fun when you're around!

Lyndsi said...

Happy Birthday Tait!! Looks like you had a fun celebration. What a great young man you are!

JaredChristineWalter said...

I'm glad he liked his book!