I have so much to be thankful for. First of all, my faith. I am so grateful for parents that opened the door and their hearts to the Missionaries in South Dakota. My parents are converts, and they know what it’s like to live without the true gospel. Thank you mom and dad for bringing me up the best way you could.
Thane. How can I express my truly deep gratitude for you? You have saved me from myself. You have helped me learn to like myself. You have given me confidence in relationships. You have lifted me up when I needed a nudge, and you have always been the strong one. You have helped my testimony grow, and taught me so much about the gospel. You have been a true example of service and selflessness to me and our children, and nothing can ever replace your example. I love you.
My children. You have taught me a lot about myself. I am so thankful to Heavenly Father for trusting me with your sweet, special spirits. He has held you in reserve for your father and me, and I pray every day that I can be the best mother for you. You are so much fun to be around, and I learn something new about each one of you every day. You are all so unique. I can see the love you have for each other. I love you Tait, Tiernan, Amara, and Sinjin!
My family! What else can I say! They are truly the best family in the world. I love my 4 sisters and my 3 brothers, my in laws, and my cousins, nieces and nephews! Without our families, life would be boring! Right?
My friends. I am a hard person to be a friend to, I think! I am always busy, and I feel like I don’t do enough for my friends. Yet, they stand beside me and help me with everything. I love going for walks with my neighbors and friends. I love exercising in the morning with Jill and Jana. If it weren’t for you girls, I would never exercise. Thanks friends for the cups of sugar, cans of corn, and sticks of butter you have helped me out with!
I am thankful for challenges. Without them I would stay in my own little world and never look outside myself for knowledge or growth.
Our friends, the Walters, came down from Herriman to spend Thanksgiving with us. We have been friends for a long time! Thane and Jared have been friends since they were kids and Christine and I have been friends since Jared and her started dating. It turned out that her parents went to High School with my brother in law, Steve! It's a small world. The Walter's are more like family, than friends. We are very comfortable around each other and we always have a blast!Here is our sweet potato casserole and turkey fresh out of the oven!
Needless to say, I will be really busy this week editing! Sinjin is sick too! Poor Sinjin!

7 comments:
What a tender tribute to your family and loved ones. You are a wonderful mom and friend! And I love the EZ cheese pic. :)
p.s. I hope Sinjin feels better soon!
What wonderful words Annette. You have a great family that we are blessed to call friends! Thanks for all of your amazing examples. You are doing such a great job in raising your children!
The turkey looks delicious!
Love you Annette! You are not hard to be a friend to at all, in fact...I think you are a great example of friendship to me. You are always reaching out to someone despite how busy you keep yourself. You are awesome in every way!!! Thanks for sharing your fun holiday with us!
I love that Easy Cheese stuff and I can't believe what a busy person you are. You must be an awesome woman to be able to get everything you need done and still have time to spend with your cute family. You make my life look easy.
Oh, that post was so sweet! You are so sweet and so appreciative. I feel like a bad friend too. It seems like I get so wrapped up in myself and with other busy things. Life gets crazy! BUT, you are a good friend and an amazing person. AND, tell Thane thanks again for watching the little girls and for making them mac and cheese. What an awesome hubby!
ps...thanks for taking a snapshot of our whole big family. Especially when you were so busy. You're the best!
Post a Comment