Tiernan's baptism was so much fun. First she got to go early with Thane and get on her white clothes, then she got to come out to the chapel to sit with her daddy and listed to talks on baptism and the Holy Ghost. After that, our stake takes the kids' favorite songs and lets them come up and we sing with them while we wait for our turn to go get baptized. Tiernan chose "Called to Serve Him". They are learning that song in Primary and it's her favorite! Tiernan sat beside her good friend Caden Hancock, he was getting baptized too. It was so cute to see their little heads sitting on the bench next to each other. Finally an hour later, it was Tiernan's turn to get baptized.
Okay here's a funny story! Tiernan was baptized with 15 other kids on Saturday! And we were last to go. I had given Thane her towell with her white underwear to change into after she was baptized, but after she was baptized, we went in the dressing room and her towell and underwear were gone! No where to be found, and no fresh towells to use. We had to borrow a blow dryer to dry the underwear she had on! NO MORE WHITE TOWELLS FOR OUR BAPTISMS THANK YOU VERY MUCH! We are going to be different and get a bright yellow one or something!
After we worked out the confusion, we went back into the Chapel where Tiernan was confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and she recieved the gift of the Holy Ghost. Thane did a wonderful job with his blessing to her. He blessed her that she would always follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost and he would alway's guide her to choose the right. I don't remember all of the words, but I remember how I felt when he baptized her, and the spirit was really strong. Do you know how I know? I was crying!!! (Of Course)
WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU TIERNAN! You are a wonderful person. You are kind and loving towards everyone and I know you will alway's try to do your best and make the best decisions with this wonderful gift Heavenly Father has given you.
Love, Mom
After Tiernan's Baptism, we came home and ate Kalua Pork, Rice, and Tropical Fruit. Tiernan's favorite meal. Thane's Brother, Jared, Raelene and their family were there along with Nana and Grandpa Williamson, Thane's brother, Rusty and his wife Megan, Thane's sister, April, and Thane's nieces, Monica and Sabria. They all brought presents for Tiernan's Birthday and baptism so she had fun opening them up while we waited for the rice to cook. Tiernan is so excited to have her own scriptures! She came to me today and asked if she could use the money Nana and Grandpa gave her to buy a highlighter for her scriptures. Nana gives her $35, so I think that will be enough.



1 comments:
Annette, I love your blog! My girls will turn 8 in February. It's hard to believe they are this big. Your daughter looks so pretty in her white dress. 15 kids is alot for one day....especially if you are last! Thanks for the tip about the towel! You are such a good mom and I would imagine, a fun one at that!
Post a Comment