
We left Thursday June 26th and are driving home at this moment. I am writing this blog entry
in the car on the way home (July 6th) (Happy Birthday Lisa yesterday, I tried to call you but your phone was full and I couldn’t leave a message). Anyway, this was quite the trip. We started out at Jared and Christines (our friends, but we consider them family) in Herriman. I then left the next day with my mom, sister and niece to go to Idaho to attend my cousin Luke’s Wedding in Rexburg. That night they had an old fashioned “weenie roast” out in the middle of nowhere (Driggs, Idaho) at the base of the Teton Mountains. It was beautiful! We got to see our cousins and meet Ashley’s family (Luke’s FiancĂ©). The next day we woke up and my sister and I went for a walk and stopped at a few garage sales of course! We went to the wedding in the Rexburg Temple. It was beautiful inside. Their sealing room was full, and only a handful was there for Luke so we were glad we came. After the wedding we decided that we would go to Jackson Hole, Wyoming since it was only about a half an hour from their reception. We had fun walking around and looking at the shops. We went to the reception and it was the best one I had ever been to. It was so relaxing and fun. We started out eating dinner and while we were eating, Luke and Ashley walked around to each table and talked to everyone. There was no line to stand in!! Then they played a slideshow that Ashley had made and her grandpa read a poem he wrote for her. Then we danced and danced and danced. It was great! The next morning we went out to breakfast for my cousin Shelly’s birthday and drove home. Thane had fun with the kids while I was gone! (Ha Ha!)
Next stop, Rusty and Megan’s. They just bought a town house in American Fork right down the hill from my mom. They have a pool so the kids were in heaven. Megan was acting a little sick and constantly had a snack with her, so I was getting suspicious... SHE’S PREGNANT. For those of you who are reading this and just skipped to the word pregnant, it’s NOT ME!. Thank you very much!! Anyway, we had a lot of fun with them, they are great to be around and because they don’t have their own kids yet, they are patient and put up with ours.
Thursday we worked all day to prepare for my brother Victor’s surprise 50th Birthday Party. I procrastinated on a book I was putting together for him, so I worked on it while we were driving in the car around town. I got it done by the skin of my teeth too, 6:17 is when it could be picked up and we needed to be there at 6:30! Sorry Jilane that I wasn’t much help!
My brother was so surprised!!!! He had no clue at all. There were long time friends from South Dakota that come, and a lot of family, friends and co-workers there to join in on embarrassing him when we started telling stories.
The 4th of July we spent doing some laundry and moving our stuff over to Jared and RaeLene’s home. Later on that night we had a Belnap Family BBQ at their house. Honey (Thane’s sister) made a water balloon launcher and we had a lot of fun dodging balloons. We did sparklers and dinky fireworks out on the street when it got dark. I captured some cool pictures by slowing the shutter speed on my camera. We were going to watch the Thanksgiving Point fireworks but we were too late getting there so we went home and went to bed.
I kept busy and my memory card on my camera full during this trip! I took 2 ballroom dance couples portfolio pictures, 2 maternity portraits, and 2 family portraits. Keep checking back on my photo web site (link is to the right) for the new pictures!
Thank you to everyone who let us stay with them! We had a BLAST!
THANE GOT TO PARAGLIDE 5 TIMES!!
I took some pictures of my nephew Brock and his dance partner Whitney. It was a lot of fun. They are new dance partners so they needed some new pictures to send around in their resume's.

Sunday, July 13, 2008
Our Vacation:
Posted by Unknown at 1:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
wow, your vacation was packed full of activities, but sounds like you had a good time.
Post a Comment