I know I am a little late posting this since it is July 14th and school got out May 27th :) But better late then never, right? I can't believe Tait has officially finished his last year of Elementary school :( I am so sad and happy to see him getting older. He has turned into a great young man and we love him to death! Here he is with his best friend Carter waiting for the awards ceremony to begin. It was Hawaiian day that day also.
All of my kids received an award that day! I was lucky to not have to deal with hurt feelings of someone who didn't get something! Tiernan received the Outstanding Academic Excellence in Social Studies, Science and Total Composite from the Iowa Test. She loves school and we are excited to challenge her more in the Charter school next year. I hope she will thrive! They only do these tests in 3rd and 5th grade.
Tait received the Outstanding Academic Excellence in Reading. Surprise Surprise~~ It's a punishment to take his reading time away! One of the many things I love about him :) He is now off to Intermediate School where there is only 6th and 7th grade! It's so awesome, I'm so excited for him. He is excited to play more sports and play the cello.
There aren't any academic awards for 1st grade, but Amara received the Outstanding Citizen Award for her class!! They only gave out a handful of these to the whole 1st grade, so that really say's something about her character I think. She is such a loving and helpful person. She always makes sure everyone has a friend and that everyone is fair.
Here is the 5th grade doing the annual march down the hall. They turn on Pomp & Circumstance (the graduation song) and all of the classes line up against the wall for the 5th graders to march and give high fives. Very emotional for me, cause I would always be there watching other kids graduating, but now it's Tait :( I couldn't get a good picture of Tait, partly because he was running, and partly because he was embarrassed by me trying to get a picture. But he is right behind his friend Carter in this picture.
Here he is running by in a blur :)
We are excited and nervous about school next year with the little ones going to the Charter school with uniforms and sack lunches, and Tait moving on to bigger and better things in Intermediate school, but we will get by and I'm sure it will be a great experience!

0 comments:
Post a Comment