Thursday, April 1, 2010

Ready, Set, GO!

It was time for the annual Pine Wood Derby on March 17, 2010.  This was Tait's very last time to make a Pine Wood Derby car because he will be turning 11 soon, wait, did I just say my son would be 11!!  Where did the time go?  Anyway, he made a new car, but when we got there to test it against his old truck from last year, he found out his truck was faster!  Here are a few snapshots of the evening...

Dad helping super glue the weights to Tait's new car.  It's pretty spiffy huh?  Tait sanded it, painted it and dad helped put the wheels and weights on.  Thank goodness for super glue. (and duck tape, right)  We would actually have to take our kids into the doctor to get stitches with out it ;D  Yes you heard me, Thane super glues our kids cuts!
Here is a photo finish race, Tait's trusty old truck is in the lead!
Ok, any of you that know Tait, you will be LOL at this picture.  He gets so excited about things like this.  I know the picture is kind of freaky, but it just captures his personality so well.  He had just placed his car on the track and was running up to the finish line and he had to do his signature "Jump 'n Clap" :D

Amara, Daddy and Mommy watching the races on the front row.

2 comments:

Angie Stewart Black said...

That was such a fun night. I think I got into it more than Jayden did. Love that we get to do all this fun stuff with our fun neighbors. Love you guys! BTW, thanks for giving those pics of Bentley Boo. You are amazing! I just adore you.

Angie Stewart Black said...

OH yeah, I forgot to tell you. The other day at Activity Days when we were showing the girls how to iron, Tiernan said that for $35,000 she would touch it. I told her she would have to discuss this matter with her parents!! she's so funny.