Sunday, April 5, 2009

Poor Us! : (

Here is Sinjins poor back after being tested for allergies. These are not all from the pokes, he broke out in a rash from it all!! Soooooo Sad!! He was so brave. First he watched the nurse write on me with a marker (which he thought was so cool) and poke me with the testers. It didn't hurt at all. Then it was his turn, he laughed the whole time and said it tickled. The nurse told us that we couldn't scratch or touch, cause it could cross contaminate. So she brought in a big treasure box of toys for Sinjin to search through to keep him occupied.... it didn't work. He was sooooo itchy, and he tried to be so brave, but as soon as I said "Sinjin, it's okay, I know it itches, we're almost done" he broke into tears and a deep belly cry :( It was all I could do to not cry myself. He had so many HUGE hives on his back, nothing compared to mine on my arms. But the good thing is, we now know what we are allergic to and how to help us.

Just so you know, if you ever have Sinjin at your house, he is allergic to:
-Cats
-Dogs
-Milk
-Eggs
-Corn
**-Cashews** they are the worst for him
-Cabbage
-Celery
-Carrots
-Dust Mites
-Mold
-Grass
and
Tumble weeds!

We are giving him Zyrtec so he can just go out and play like a normal little kid, but we need to watch out for the Cashews and Celery.

I am allergic to just about every grass and tree there is, so I just have to learn to live with it and take precautions.
They did a cat scan on me and found out that my nose is crooked (that's why I can never breathe clearly through my nose) and my sinuses are majorly infected! :( I have to be on antibiotics for 3 weeks to clear it up. I am so glad to know, and to get it taken care of.

Here is a picture of Sinjin's back the DAY AFTER the test... See how bad his back is still? He is doing much better now though! I am hoping to take him to a naturalist doctor so we can get this taken care of. (sorry about the butt shot, I was too lazy to crop before posting this :) )

5 comments:

Josie said...

You should talk to Kathryn about the Dr. she visited for allergies, it was pretty amazing for her.

Tonya said...

Poor Sweetie!!! I had to laugh at this picture though...maybe he'll grow up to be the TERMINATOR. That's what this pic reminded me of...Hope he feels better soon! Same goes for you! Well, except for the Terminator part! (Tee hee. I made myself laugh.)

Lyndsi said...

Oh, poor little guy!! What a trooper to go through the testing - and you too! I remember when we did testing for Jace - they did his pokes on his arm and like Sinjin, it was so hard for him to handle the itching. It is important to know the specific allergens though, so you can be safe and feel as good as possible! I hope you and Sinjin feel much better very soon. :)

Joe and Julianne said...

Wow! Poor little guy. Hope now that you know everything he is allergic too things can get better.

Melanie and Curtis said...

It's so hard to see little ones go through pain..it's good that you were there with him though and I hope your sinuses clear up soon! You are definitely a trooper with going to the gym and all. Go tough gal!